Originally Posted by RJM
I have no reason to have a .327. It is a great small game and varmint round but there isn't anything in the way of small game left to hunt with a handgun here in NH... I've had at least 6 .32 H&R Magnum Ruger Single-Sixs in every barrel length and even two Bisleys..and have sold them all....but the velocities possible with the .327 just interest me...

So then Ruger brings out the Single-Seven and good friend Idaho Shooter jumps on board... We discuss cast boolit designs and I really liked the looks of the little 120 grain Accurate 31-120S with its .24 meplat...but I don't need a .32....

But I look at the articles anyway... Now I know I don't want a 4 5/8" barrel...just too short...I've sold all but one of my short single actions..so then there is the 5.5"...nice but I have had 5.5" Single-Sixs before and didn't like the balance... So there is the 7.5"....just too long...a 6-6.5" would be just right...so I am safe...neither Ruger nor Freedom Arms has a 6-6.5" barrel as standard...so I can stop looking...

...then there was deflave... After he shot my Freedom Arms 97 in .41 he really wanted an identical gun in .44 Special. So I registered over on the GunsAmerica Wish List for everything Freedom Arms 97. Well I found him his gun but neglected to cancel the wish list listing so every couple of weeks a new 97 would pop up... And Monday what pops up...a 97 in .327 Federal...custom ordered with...a 6.5" barrel and 3# action job. Making matters worse is it is listed at $440 under current retail. So three of my unused guns went down the road for one I will shoot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Turns out the dealer who listed this gun had ordered it a year before for himself but when it came in he decided he had too many guns and didn't need to keep this one.

So at least this one I can blame on my friends Dave and Travis as they have blamed me for their weaknesses...... cry

Bob
Ain't they purdy??

Got one myself -

[Linked Image]

I had always wanted one of these with the shorter barrel - and dang, it's fun to shoot this thing.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!