I'm VERY interested in the same thing. I've looked into the CZ 527 conversion with a carbine in 7.62x39. The total cost would be around $1200 +/-.

If you haven't handled one, please do so. The backwards safety is odd without a fix. I understand the bolt throw has been improved upon on newer models only, so a compact scope would probably clear with lower rings than the ones supplied by the factory.

The magazine hanging down really makes handling a little strange in my mitts but something I could get used to. I would change mine out to an American stock (all of their stocks feel portly) and slim it down somehow or cut back the forearm to move the balance point forward of the magazine. This, in my opinion, is necessary for proper balance, carry and handling. As it sits the carbine's short barrel keeps the balance point right at that magazine. As a suggestion, when you rebarrel to a 6.5 Grendel, make sure you use a longer tube to get it muzzle heavy to your tastes and shift the balance to the front of the magwell. I've seen the modded magazine that holds 3 instead of 5 rounds and although it interests me, it still hangs down a little that may or may not bother you.

The one thing that really bothers me in the CZ 527 is the COL of the magazine to allow you to seat the bullets further out in the magazine. For what it's worth on the internet, the information surrounding the actual COL of the CZ magazine is a little more than the AR15 which is limited to 2.250. But I've seen it listed as 2.260 and 2.285 and other dimensions. If anyone has on of these, it would be great to get a measurement! If you have more flexibility it will make this platform very desireable.