280A'zed will take good care of setting up your final decison on a bow and arrows. Buy some extra arrows if he tunes your bow, you'll likely break a couple...

I've heard this before: "I was told I would never be able to shoot tight groups at longer range with a whisker biscuit because of the resistance and friction it caused."

Define longer range...the Biscuit will work if the the arrow diameter and the brisle holes are correctly matched in diameter. With a correct tune, it's as accurate as any other rest when new. I shot an Octane rest for a while, and had no issues with tuning and accuracy out to 60 yards.

Resistance and friction? Friction wear on the bristles will show a change in the POI over time. You are pushing your vanes through the biscuit on the shot, there is some of both present, and the vanes don't travel the same path through the biscuit each shot - but very close. For hunting use, the biscuit will work if you recognize when it is time to change to change it out.

What I didn't like with the Octane and the biscuit, the bristles wear with every shot, and you have to make a decision if a drop in performance/accuracy is a bad day on the range (me), or if the rest is worn enough to replace the brushes. The drop-aways are pretty easy to see if the launch fork, pad, or arm needs attention.

I wouldn't get too worried about the limb twist with a drop away, there are a number of very good systems out there. If the installation is done correctly, shouldn't be a factor.