fave?

what I'm used to, Zeiss Classics 10x42's ( edit:oops actually believe they're 10x40's, just like me to try and convince that I've actually got a couple more mm's than I actually do blush )

there's glass that's equal and perhaps some better.

but I'm just used to them, most everything else in my hands for extended use seems odd to me.

guess that will happen when you use them 4-8 hours a day for 30-40 days in a row every year.

just seem like a decent compromise to me in size, weight, ergonomics and function

wish I'd bought three or four more sets from Cabelas when they bought up their remaining stock, but only bought one set.

neither of my boys are as into hunting as I have been so I'm probably okay with just two sets of them.

also really got used to 10 power

nothing replaces a good game eye in a hunter, but 8's just never seem to have enough oomph for my eyes to see what I want to see when finding animals.

can think of a few occasions when piece of game was spotted with the 10's that a guy with 8's had a hard time picking up even after being given instructions as to where the game was.

what works for me doesn't have to work for you, we only have to please ourselves with our choices of gear.

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 02/20/15.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.