Hello all,

I inherited a model 99 take down in 303. It was bought by my great grand father in 1921. I have a couple questions. I actually inherited it 20 years ago but finally took posetion of it only 3 weeks ago.. Long story.

first some basic info, The gun was improperly stored by my aunt for a while. the bluing was damaged but I would say the gun is over all in great shape. The lever action is what I would call factory tight. It's like new. The barrel rifling is in great shape. The gun has very little wear.

1. It has a 410 barrel and no front stock for this barrel. Guessing the stock was lost somewhere during it's many moves from one relitive to the other. What does the front stock look like and is it something I can replicate?

1.2. does anyone have a 410 stock for sale?

2. that said, the 410 barrel has a loop clamp, for lack of a better description, just the clamp. is there anything else I am missing?

I've also discovered the rarity of 303 savage ammo and plan on buying from the dealer that has some in stock. Funny thing, I went to a local gun show and only found 3 rounds that a fella had loose. Yes, I bought them.
3. Reloading 303 Savage, which dies are prefered? RCBS or Lee?

Attached image

Attached Images
IMG_1015-s.jpg (83.07 KB, 138 downloads)
Last edited by KenB; 02/24/15.