Labsandelk, my first Hunting Coat was from Montgomery Wards, I believe it was a Western Field. Bought it new in 1966 for $16, wore it until 1993 when I passed it on to my son. He used it as a work coat, and got a couple of year out of it before he stopped using the coat, 30 years of service is not to bad. I then used some Remington upland bird clothing ( well made and durable) for the next 10 years before I switched to Filson. Remington Coat, vest and pants are still downstairs in a closet. They show very little wear and are warm and comfortable to wear. Some sort of man made fabric that breaths well, drys out quickly, and is warm to the skin. I only got the Filson stuff, because Gander Mountain had a 1/2 off Sale after Christmas in 2004 and I could not pass on the deal. The Filson coat and bird vest have stood up well, so have the chaps, the oil coated tin cloth pants are getting very frayed on the bottom of the cuffs and I think I am going to take them and have a piece of leather sewn to extend the life. If you do deceide to order Filson do yourself a favor and have them install the leather binding on the bottom of the pants.

Last edited by 300Savage; 02/24/15.