Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 4ager

You're right; they are winning with guys like you. No offense, but you've given over your rights because it might mean that you have to put forth an effort or that (heaven forbid) you might conceivably make someone uncomfortable at some point in time.

This comes as no intended insult to you; just a statement of fact.

Life, and liberty, are complicated.

Well, that's your opinion, for what it's worth.

I find myself wanting to resist the tyranny but not really clear on how getting arrested over a technicality of legal carry helps anyone, including me or my family. If I thought it could help the cause, then maybe?? I believe this is how they win. Keep us concerned with our daily obligations, family, keeping our record clean, etc, and pretty soon we just cave in, one tiny piece at a time, without even agreeing to it.

It's not like we all decided to be milquetoast one day and let the world roll over us.

If there was a clear way to resist, that didn't end up with me losing all my rights or sitting in jail, don't you think I'd be there? The deck is stacked against us, especially when you factor in the need to take care of a family. If I was a single man I can see things playing out differently. If I'm making some false assumptions, I'd be open to hearing. Thanks Sean.

CCW is not impossible in OR, is it? If it isn't, why don't you at least give yourself that option?

Of course the deck is stacked against you; it's stacked against all of us. The question is whether or not we even bother to play a hand.

I've a family, too, and have done my level best to be able to care for them and take care of them. My wife does likewise.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.