Originally Posted by StudDuck
[quote=TheKid]I keep a 12v compressor, tarp, and a really nice plug kit my uncle gave me for Christmas in my truck. I can plug it and air it up in 20 minutes or so usually. I haven't put a spare on one of my vehicles since I started this program. I'll have to look and see what brand the plug kit is, I know he uses his at work for tractor tires and other equipment. It's all machined SS and much sturdier and nicer than your average WallyWorld plug kit. [/quote

Sounds like you're well prepared, but plugs won't work on a blown side wall.

Deer season of 2013, I was coming home for lunch, hit a rough spot in the road and blew a six inch gash in the sidewall of a new tire.

It had to be a manufacturing defect, but nevertheless, it happens.

Very true sir and why I also keep a 24" breaker bar with the proper deep socket to fit my lugs. On long trips over roads of suspect quality, such as the Dalton highway, I pack at least 2 spares. I just toss one of my winter tires in the bed if I want an extra. Put 1800 hunting trip miles on both of my pickups at once last fall going caribou hunting, 600 some odd miles of gravel and thankfully we only had one flat. Tarp, plug, and compressor had us back in action in 20 minutes.