Oh, yeah, great time had by all, and thanks, Ed, for taking some time out for a little gun running adventure. And in case there were any doubts, too-many-letters is a great fellow, stand-up guy. He wasn't even phased sharing the back seat with an open box of clay pigeons and loose ammo and God only knows how much sheepdog hair.

Good trip. Ed walked in there and went kinda silent. I think he squinted a little, then he veered to the right following my buddy and mentor Charles into the "unwanted's" section of miscellany and sundries, where he instinctively thought he'd be safe. But sooner or later, all birds must leave the nest, brave the rest of the shop floor, and risk "the homicide that will happen seven days hence in east Texas if I come home with that," as Ed put it.

None of us would want that, now. That's why before leaving Eden I made sure Ed knew they do have lay away and here's their business card, now let's take a picture documenting your happiness holding a particular Parker so your wife might gain insight into your pending, discretionary firearm budget limit increase request. Never know, it might work.

As if further evidence of the danger we faced was needed, yes, I left the house specifically reminding myself I didn't need anything and am trying to do some saving-up lately. But I'd also been avoiding the misc. shotgun wall for about a month and lo and behold, when did they get this little Ithaca in? One of the less sexy guns in that place, but remarkably clean, with traditional Ithaca engraving that isn't as commonly found in our area, 16ga with 2 3/4" chambers, 28" mod/full. Shouldered scary good. Priced right, had some trade bait in the jeep, I mean what's a guy supposed to do...?

Yeah, shootin' that sucker tomorrow if rain holds off.

24hr hosts a lot of characters, and nearly to a one all good guys. Thanks, Ed, for a good trip.

Last edited by sandcritter; 02/28/15.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.