I wanted to make those that frequent this thread aware of a real cool and, I think, a very good buy on a Varmint Rifle.
The Rifle in question is a custom rig built on a Sako A-II bolt action.
The Varmint style/weight Rifle is in caliber 22 Remington Bench Rest.
The Rifle has a 26" heavy stainless barrel and is marked "22 Rem. BR LaPua - .252" neck".
The Rifle has a BEAUTIFUL lighter colored custom stock with checkering panels on the beavertail forearm and grip areas.
The Rifle comes with a Nikon Monarch 6.5x20 variable power scope with fine-ish cross hairs and fine dot reticle.
The rings and two piece bases are by Burris and fit very nicely on the integral Sako action base mounting grooves.
The trigger is SPLENDID - I do not know if it is an after market addition or not.
The Rifle comes with two Redding loading dies each in separate Redding cardboard boxes.
My memory is not certain on the name of the Montana based (Great Falls or maybe it was Helena?) Riflesmith that put the Rifle together but IIRC it was by Riflesmith "Earhart".
This Rifle was just placed on a LGS's Rifle rack last week and is on "consignment" there - I do NOT know the owner nor do I have any interests in its sale - other than to pass along to another Varminter its existence.
It is offered at $850.00!
I think that is an exceptional value considering the extras and the quality of workmanship and components. I would own it myself but for the fact I already have two Varmint Rifles in this WONDERFUL caliber already!
One more item - the Rifle has a single shot adapter installed in the magazine well of the action.
Both of my factory stock 22 Remington Bench Rest calibered Varmint Rifles are single shots as well.
It is my understanding that the short (efficient) Remington Bench Rest family of cartridges are difficult (impossible?) to be made into repeater type Rifles?
I did put my basic Siebert Bore Inspection Tool to use on this Rifle and it does not appear to have any detrimental aspects of the barrel/chamber.
Let me know if I can answer or clarify any issues/questions regarding this Rifle.
The shop that is consigning this Rifle can be contacted Tuesday through Saturdays at 406-683-9844 from 9:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (MST).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy