AK "reliability" as far as how most think of it, is a myth. They are no more reliable in actual use than any other well developed arm. By that I mean- yea they're simple enough that illiterate 3rd world rejects make them go bang, but they malfunction just like everything else. They're also the same people that break the stocks off so they're easier to carry, rebend the barrels so bullets will come out of them after them being "destroyed", and the same people who will murder each other to get M16/M4's and they don't have much problem making them go bang either.

I used to think the AK was malfunction proof as well. Then I saw them being used in great numbers, fired more rounds than I ever cared to from them, found out that they do in fact malfunction on top of compromised shooting qualities in every single area which lead to figuring out why it was designed that way in the first place and why the soviets used them. In short- they are the cheapest way to put something that goes bang in the hands of illiteratet conscripts by an army that didn't care how many of them died. Nothing about them was designed to be used well.

As long as you're ok with the above... Rock on! grin......