I had a Browning heavy barrel .223 with a BOSS. For some reason the factory never developed a "sweet spot" setting for this caliber. I wish I had known about the short cut system for finding the sweet spot. I must have worn out part of the barrel while trying to find the best setting. Once found the system worked as advertised.

Eventually what I did was find a sweet spot setting with one load then I reverted to the usual method of experimenting with various loads. This was cheaper than trying all the potential settings on the BOSS system.

In time the .223 was sold and replaced with a .222 Tikka heavy barrel. In spite of the Tikka reputation for accuracy the Browning was still quite a bit better.

I contacted the factory hoping they could help me find the sweet spot but they were either unable or unwilling to do so.

Right now I have an order in for an X-bolt .223 Gold Medallion stainless which should be delivered in May. This rifle has a 1-8" twist. It will be interesting to see what this one will do with heavier bullets. After reading all the hype about quick twist rifling I had to have one to try.

Jim