Leo, there is a little story to this deal.

A member here PM'd me a couple weeks ago and offered to sell a very nice O/U 16 gauge Rizzini.

It was delivered to my local sporting goods store last Thursday.

Unbeknownst to the seller or myself the store has a little 'personal policy' where they require any shipped firearms to be transferred through a FFL(on the seller end of the deal).

It's perfectly legal for a private seller(non FFL holder) to ship a firearm to a FFL and transfer it that way but the store says nope, we won't accept it and have to send it back.

Why?

I have no fricken idea, they hummed and hawed around and I stood and listened and stayed calm.

The shotgun(which I still haven't seen in person) was sitting on the counter in a box and all I could do was say, okay, guess we'll have to send it back to the seller and then ship it all the way back here again.

The other clerks were kinda waiting for me to blow up but I knew that wouldn't do any good. And besides, my buddy(seller) had already reamed the dink out on the phone before I showed up to see WTF was going on.

Sooooo, hopefully the shotgun survives 2 unnecessary trip back and forth.

It's been bugging me for the last 6 days, but I guess I should have asked if there was any bullchit rules I needed to be aware of when I went in and asked them if they'd transfer the shotgun for me....

And I could care less about the extra shipping charges, I am just worried about the gun getting damaged or disappearing...

Live and learn.

If freight doesn't screw up it will most certainly be worth the wait.