Airfare rt ANC-OTZ is more like $700. Cheaper if booked well in advance. Sometimes. Trust me, AkAir knows when the Cabela's Army wants to come here. Not likely to get much of a break there.

Air taxis out of here include GoldenEagle, Ram Aviation, Northwest aviation, Back Country Aviation, and possibly Baker Aviation. Those would be DIY.

For guided try Caribou Unlimited Tho that would by an air charter to Ron's camps as he doesn't fly himself. He is also a long time friend, neighbor of mine down on the Kenai Peninsula, and a good taxidermist (full disclosure here.... smile. )

Also try jake jacobson's outfit. He has an extremely remote Camp and flies his clients in himself as part of the package. He claims in his book it can be cheaper than a DIY. He's on Google, but I think his outfit is "huntalaska.com". Just finished his book. Good read.

He also filled some cavities for me in Point Hope back in the mid '70's. not a bad dentist either! I said "full disclosure", right. Actually, I think that was the last time I talked to him, tho I've seen him in the OTZ terminal several times in the last few years.

Last edited by las; 03/03/15.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.