Originally Posted by 7x64FN
Proceed, life is too short to debate this further.

best, Larry

100% agree... decision was made yesterday.

So this how I am proceeding now...

1) 9.3 x 62 Mauser with rebore by JES. 1:12 & 3 groove.

2) Replacement stock (still under design).

3) Optics... Kahles Helia C 1.1-4x24 scope with 7A (heavy plex) reticle in first focal plane (FFP).

4) Barrel bob between 18" and 21.5" (0.630" dia. at 21.5"). Still running software calcs. and selecting powders on loads etc. before making the final bob decision.

Footnotes... Jesse reluctantly agreed to thread the barrel for me. Working on a personal variation on this M/B http://precisionarmament.com/product/m4-72-tactical-compensator/ with external threads for a Bowers Group Vers 50 that I already own... (BTW, I am doing the same M/B design on a wide variety of stuff). M/Bs are permanent... the can is 100% optional.

Probably run cheap Prvi factory to break-in, test and fire form brass... then some custom projectiles (we are also turning our own solids... 0.375" diameter stock should turn very efficiently)... or ???

Am I missing anything?

Does Savage 99 need to sign off on this... or can I proceed without his permission?

I'll post pics when I get her done... 6 weeks or 6 months???

Last edited by CashisKing; 03/05/15.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.