Probably not in the cool category but most definitely fun to shoot. Basic Ruger 10/22 carbine purchased new in 1968. I forget what it cost, the 1969 Gun Digest shows them at $54.50 so I probably paid about $12.95 for it. wink I refinished the stock some 40 years ago with a mixture of Tru-Oil and ground up charcoal briquet powder added for color.

Surface rust on the barrel, original nine pound trigger pull with lots of "honest handling marks" on the stock and I can name where every one of'em came from. In 47 years it has never, ever jammed, failed to feed, extract or eject. Not once. Back in the late 70's I didn't clean it for five years to try and see what it took to jam it and it just rocked on without a bobble. The only times it had a failure to fire was the ammo's fault. As of last Sunday it will still put 10 rounds into 1/2" at 25 yards which is as good as I can shoot with the peep sights and stay close to that at 50 with a scope. It has slain more ground squirrels, jackrabbits, cottontails, tweety birds, turtles, grasshoppers, snakes, soda cans, rocks, pine cones and "stuff" than I can count.

In its present condition it probably wouldn't bring $54.50 on gunbroker these days (that brick of Winchester Super-X might bring more than the rifle) but I wouldn't take a thousand bucks for it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!