Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by meddybemps
Leighton....do you ski?

I am skiing several times a week at Wachusett Mtn which is just up the road from here. 70 inch base depths and the cold have produced absolutely fabulous skiing. I skied Bretton Woods in NH last week and we have more snow here in central Mass. than they do in NH and VT.

I am loving this winter...!!

Hey there, friend. Long time. Good to see you still around. Yes, I ski. Used to do it a lot, but haven't in quite a few years. I have some foot issues, and after less than an hour in ski boots every moment in the boots is agonizing, even with supposedly extra wide boots. The next time I'm in Japan we may try to get a trip to the Japan alps. My wife has told me that boot manufacturers in Japan design theirs to typical Japanese feet, which is to say, w-i-d-e. We'll see. Glad to hear you're having fun.

I used to be able to ski from the opening of the resort until closing, now after 2-3 hours my quads are completely shot and just asking for it if I push it beyond that.

I did discover the Sitzmark.

[Linked Image]

As a kid I could never understand why adults would waste a perfectly good skiing day in the bar. But as with many things in life, with age comes understanding grin