Originally Posted by Pappy348

Do you have an idea of what that work would cost?

Not sure but I've heard of hand reamers that can be rented or purchased for not too much.

I've determined the non-feeding issue is due to the Ruger chamber. There are two small burrs on the face of the chamber that are the culprit. After about 3-4 cycles of ammo the two burrs build up scraped off brass and cause the next cases to bind badly. I've cycled four brands: true Lake City 5.56 NATO, Winchester commercial, Perfecta (Italy 223) & the Armscor USA stuff. Of the four the Lake City and Winchester commercial cycle the best longest. The Armscor USA stuff is ever so slightly wider at the base and gets hung up on the two burr marks straight away on a freshly brushed bore. I'm a little miffed I have to deal with this on a new rifle but I doubt it is representative of the rifle overall. I've ordered a carbide deburr ball to chamfer the chamber face to clean up those two burr marks. At $20 I think it is an easier proposition compared to dealing with Ruger CS and not having the rifle all summer while they fix it.......

Anyone else have Ruger show up with a banged up chamber face like this?