Originally Posted by Ringman
Nope.

It used to be published that the commonality was >98.5%. It's now considered 95%.

Got a link to your diminished numbers?

Nope.

I did about two minutes looking and came to the following cut and paste. That is as far as I am going to look for you. It looks like I am not even current.

Human and [bleep] DNA--Nearly Identical?
by Jeffrey Tomkins, Ph.D. *
Evidence for Creation

For the past several decades, the standard mantra has been that humans are 98 percent genetically identical to [bleep]. However, this claim is based on cherry-picked data and does not take into account the vastly different regions of the two respective genomes.

Major research published over the past decade comparing human and [bleep] DNA was recently reviewed and critiqued.1 In every single publication, researchers only reported on the highly similar DNA sequence data and discarded the rest—apparently because it was too dissimilar. In fact, when the DNA similarities from these studies were recalculated using the omitted data, markedly lower levels—between 81 and 86 percent similarity—were found. Even the well-known [bleep] genome paper published by evolutionists in 2005 provides a genomic similarity of only about 80 percent when the discarded nonsimilar data are included and only 70 percent when the estimated size of the [bleep] genome is incorporated.2,3

Really? Tompkins?

Jeffrey Tomkins

Key claims

Biblical literalism
Young Earth
Old Earth
Global flood
Intelligent design

Jeffrey Tomkins is a "research associate" at the Institute for Creation Research. He has a PhD in genetics and master's degree in "plant science" from Clemson University and the University of Idaho respectively.[1][2]

His research for the ICR tends to be genetics related, and concentrated in 2011 on the genetic similarity between humans and [bleep]. He made much of his research's apparent discovery that the similarity between humans and [bleep] was 'merely' 86-89%. In 2012 his ICR News article on the sequencing of the Gorilla genome, Gorilla Genome Is Bad News for Evolution,[3] was attacked on Pharyngula as failing to understand the science.[4]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender