Originally Posted by rost495
PS he "ruined" a POS trigger anyway, not like there is any loss involved... LOL..

Correct.

Much scarier was reworking the trigger on my S&W Shield M&P .40S&W.
Youtube videos to the rescue, along with my Dremel, machinist's training and a pretty good mechanical aptitude. It went from long, a little heavy and clunky with some gritty spots to long (take-up) and much smoother and lighter. When dry firing now the front sight still dances a bit but far less than before.

Recently I've also worked the triggers on my two Ruger Hawkeye actions, an All-Weather .280 Rem and a .308 Scout. Both were relatively OK from the factory but much better now - smoother, lighter and less creep.

Sent my Ruger MKII in .223 Rem back to Ruger a while back, trying to get a factory fast-twist barrel on it. Ruger didn't have a suitable barrel but they did 'fix' the trigger which had previously received my attention, restoring it to factory specs. First thing I did when I got it back was restore it to my specs. Mucho bettero.

Best part is none of this or any of my other trigger work cost me a dime. I did pay a gunsmith to rework the off-the-12-pound-scale trigger on my Browning BDM back in 2000. The gunsmith did a good job on the trigger but bent one of the legs of the hammer spring to help reduce DA pull weight, making booms an iffy proposition. I called Browning and ordered a new spring, which I installed myself. That was the last time I paid a gunsmith to work on a trigger.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.