Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by rattler
still cant figure out how you think if the speed really doesnt cause that much shock out of a rifle it will in a handgun.....most the shock from teh mild velocity 22 rounds is from highly fragible bullets, not cause 2000ish fps is some magic threshold.....

I do think that speed might count for more than originally thought, that is why I am wondering aloud if the speed factor should perhaps be more of a sought after item in the pistol world. And it could be that the bullets are helping the faster rounds as well. I am not trying to make the case that the fast 22 caliber pistol rounds will or will not be better. I am merely asking the question of the various camps here "might it be THE factor and more than we have thought over the years?" And seeking posts from anyone who has used this round on bigger than a squirrel or have a link to a report of the use of them.

yet hard cast rounds launched out of a 45-70 at that speed dont do what you say cause the speed is not enough to do it.....the ONLY reason mild 22's SEEM to do it at these speeds on SMALL targets is highly frangable bullets dumping their energy in a short distance.....but unless your target weights only a couple pounds your not gonna see anything spectacular as far as on shot stops....for phug sakes as others have pointed out you thought the 223 in an AR was to wimpy to reliably save your arse, you needed atleast a 308....WFT do you think a 22TCM is really gonna do?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books