I've carried a G29 for a long time now as my primary bear defense. I tried a few revolvers, but for several reasons I kept coming back to the glock. More rounds and the thing is as tough as a brick. I can drag it through the mud and rain and I don't worry about it. I know it will work if I do my part.

Up until now I've carried some hot double tap 10mm rounds with what I believe is a gold dot bullet. I've debated carrying hard ball and gone back and forth.

I think I've found a great answer.

Some of you may have seen videos on the lehigh xtreme penetrator bullets. I saw another one yesterday that MAC did using their bullet in a 380 load and it really opened my eyes. It is a solid copper bullet that penetrates like hard ball but leaves a lot more destruction in its path. It looks like this:

[Linked Image]

Here's the video of MAC shooting the smaller version of this bullet out of his 380 glock 42. It changed his mind about carrying a 380.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PDQcE-1T40

There's not much out there on the 10mm version that underwood is loading, but I just ordered some. If it shoots well out of my glock, I'll be carrying it all the time when I'm in bear country. A magazine full of that stuff should do the trick to just about any bear. They are also loading that bullet for the 357.

This bullet is a game changer.