Originally Posted by FFemtRN5287
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Originally Posted by FFemtRN5287
pair in 7STW and 358STA would be an appropriate birthday present for myself this year.

That is quite a pair of powder burners.

Ya, and unfortunately I'm not seeing either available on their website anymore. A little over a year ago they had a section for custom rifles and both of those calibers were available. I guess I'll have to drop them an email and see if they are still offering them.

I like your choices as well. My two go-to big game rifles are very similar. a 7mm Mashburn Super (very close to the STW in case capacity but will fit in my Mauser action rifle, barely) and a wildcat 338/8mm RemMag that I came up with about 25 years ago and call a 340 Tyrannosaur. The 338 Wildcat will push 225TTSX's out at3100, and the big 7 will push Moly'ed 120gr TTSX's to 3600 or more. Hoping for 3400 with 140's for my
next load work up in that rifle.

Fantastic two rifle combo for all game short of Elephant and Rhino/Hippo class. Last time I checked, not a lot of tags available for those kinds of animals here in the US.

Last edited by safariman; 03/20/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500