Finally in my cabin off grid ( YAY )! But anywhoo....
I'm walking home from town this afternoon, a bit over a mile but an easy walk. Easy enough that out of towners tend to wander the public trail for a short walk or look see. Nothing really to see except trees and the train when it passes by. The trail is maintained by our community council and signs along the trail notify the tourists that any trail leading off the main trail is private property and to please stay on the trail. So these three goobers ahead of me stop and read the sign, they continue on up the trail to the second bridge, the bridge my property boarders on all four sides ( odd piece of land but it works ). My trail goes across the first section of my land and underneath the bridge to where my dog lot and cabin is. They are crossing under the bridge and headed down my trail as I'm going over the bridge, the trail that has 3 private signs on it. So I yelled over the railing asking them where they thought they were going and that I had seen them read the BIG community sign about private trails and had they not seen my signs at the top and middle of my trail.

Well sure we did but everyone knows Alaskans mark everything private even public stuff and we know this is a public trail.

So that's what I learned today.. Private means help yourself and please feel free to tramp through my yard.