Hey so I am new, 1st post new. Not new to hunting, but I am new to Elk Hunting. I have several units I am looking at for OTC right now, units 74,65 and 63 in 1st preference order. A little a bit about myself, I am a fire fighter and work out most of my time. I have kids so they are a work out on its own as well, I love camping and mostly hunting. I watch my buddy bring back an elk from colorado and spent less than 1k total which blew me away. I have hunted whitetail and the prices here in Texas are just out of this world. I am thinking about unit 74, due to the statistics it has the highest success rate out of all of em. I know its my first hunt so Im not expecting anything at all except for a sweet camping trip but I do want an opportunity to connect with something. I want to stay in Miners Camp Ground and go east to Silver Mountain, my buddy connected at 54 but wants to try 74 as well so he will come with me. Together we have gear, guns, glass and stamina (I know will be tested but were ready. What do yall think about this idea?

Last edited by ballfroguy; 03/22/15.