Since you already have it, why not give it a try? Who knows? You might actually like it. If so, then you've potentially saved some money by not having to buy something else to serve a similar "philosophy of use." If you don't like it, I don't see that you're going to be out a whole lot by trying it first and thus having a better, more informed basis upon which to determine its fate.

I had a similar kind of deal happen a few years back with a minty 6" High Standard Sentinel. It turned out to be a surprisingly fantastic shooter in single-action mode, and far more accurate than I imagined one would be. As a trail companion, it was a dandy little thing -light in overall weight but well balanced with a very comfortable grip frame shape... I found a lot to like about it. I wound up selling it with the idea of buying a K-22 or something more "up market."

I still regret that decision. Maybe most of those sucked, but the one I had didn't.

Your Taurus, OP, might wind up the same way in so far as you might wind up liking it more than you imagine if you give it an honest try.