Originally Posted by Blueranger
Thanks for the truck idea, but our Britts are show dogs as well hunting dogs. And there is no way my wife is going to kennel a couple of dogs and drive x hours in November from Wy with the dogs in the unheated bed of a truck to show them. Thus "SUV advice" and while I would love to buy a Sequoia, not in the budget. Thinking midsize.

You use the dogs to hunt, but your wife would be worried about them traveling in the back of a covered pick-up? You really need to, lets say, talk her around and get her to apply a little logic to her assessment..

I have owned and driven lot of SUV's but as the others have suggested, a pick-up with a good hard top is absolutely the way to go in this instance.

With the saving made over an SUV, you can get a custom kit out for the back with twin kennels over a draw system..

If the tops of the kennels are still some distance from the underside of the hard top, form "trays" on the tops for even more additional storage...

With a good hard top, you can easily make the rear as comfortable as the cargo bed area of an SUV, and its a far more practical space in a far more practical vehicle..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/24/15.