Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Nice set up! I would be interested to see how it shoots ,though the Aimpoint may not show all of the rifle's potential.

What advantage does your Aimpoint model have over one of the H1's? I'm not real familiar with Aimpoint scopes.

The fact that you can't aim as precisely is a sticking point for a lot of folks, me included. We are so conditioned to striving for tiny groups that we overlook the positive benefits of speed and simplicity. I've been considering one for a .45/70. I have a smaller and cheaper red dot on it now for test purposes and will decide based on that.

Another factor is that most if not all red dots lack a focus feature, so eyeglass wearers still have to use them. With a scope, I can adjust the focus and leave my glasses in my pocket while hunting. I may end up with a 1-4 or 1-6 power with illumination. A true one power is just as fast, is brighter, and can be focused.

The ideal scope for me is the VX-6 1-6, but the dang thing is $900, more than I paid for the Ruger it would go on.

By the,way, Scott, that is a very nice setup. While not traditional looking, it just oozes quality.

Last edited by Pappy348; 03/26/15.

What fresh Hell is this?