Originally Posted by TnBigBore
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'm in the gun biz here in S.C. in a fairly large store with pretty good buying power with our main suppliers and we have not seen a single box of ANY brand (Federal, Winchester, Remington, Hornady) since early deer season 2013. It has certainly been on the backburner with the manufacturers...

I have been looking for 35REM in both Basspro and Calelas without any luck. The thuddy - thuddy
remains a top deer cartridge but I've always preferred the 35REM. With its moderate recoil and
a hel1 of oomph behind it. The fact is the 35REM is now over 100 years old and at the end of the road.
It is fast becoming obsolete and any time I see a box its mine ..... even at $35 shocked

There are too many 35s out there for the cartridge to die. Heck, they are still being made. Ammo will be availble again eventually if you can weather the storm. Luckily I have 400-500 of the 200 grain Corelocts and many hundred pieces of brass laid by.

We really are having 2 problems with 35REM. Its hard to find and when I do find a box, it cost twice as much as 30-30.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt