I bought a Tikka T3 Superlight in 270 Winchester a while back and just got around to buying Some Ammo for it(130 Grain Federal Fusion.
I Put a round in the magazine and chambered it.
The Bolt was difficult to close on the round.I can hold the pistol grip and reach up with my thumb and with some difficulty close bolt on cartridge using just my thumb,
I took round out of the chamber and examined it and it was slightly shiny on the base of the cartridge head .
I then examined the bot face and there was brass coloring on it where the case head rest against the bolt face.

I then took a majik marker and marked over the case head and around the begining or the case shoulder(the radius where the shoulder first starts coming from the primer end of the case)
Then I worked the bolt up and down 5 times and found the marker was rubbed off of the cartridge head and also a shiny ring around the radius where the shoulder first starts.

Is this just a slightly short chamber ,with Minimum headspace and nothing to worry about or an issue that needs to be corrected ?

Thanks
Craig

Last edited by bcraig; 03/28/15.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money