About a month ago I happened across a gun that I cannot get out of my head. Had never been into a particular pawn shop and had to check in on the gun selection.

On the shelf was a Husky 1600 actioned rifle wearing an unmarked, except for caliber stamp 6.5-284 barrel (22" #2'ish profile) in a Hi-Tech stock. Overall the rifle could have been put together better but has potential as my dream light weight Mauser Custom with a little cosmetic straightening. It is a blind magazine rifle with a trigger guard that looks to be chromed for some reason (easy fix), the barrel has been bead blasted and the action wears the original finish. The stock has been what looks like krylon'd and is serviceable. What is striking about this gun is the overall weight! It can't be more than 6lbs and likely a bit under but I am guessing here.

The bore looks great though a scope was not available to look in any sort of detail.

They are asking $695. Seems about right to me, not a great deal, but it does strike my fancy. What does everyone think?

Thanks for any input!
Nick