Folks,

Had a nice, in-depth discussion with Defiance today and came away with a lot of good information. The person I spoke with emphasized that Defiance is not necessarily interested in Group Buys but that they would extend their established discounts on orders that meet their minimum quantities. Because of this, there could be a couple of potential snags and I will try and detail those here, in order to get a better feel for those who remain interested.

• Payment - Defiance would require payment in full for actions that are ordered in this Group Buy. Typically, they ask for 50% down if you ordered from them on an individual basis. The reasoning here is that they do not want to be stuck with an action, or actions (that could be highly customized), if someone gets cold feet or falls-off-the-face-of-the-earth while the actions are being built.

• Shipping - The shipping process could also cause some complications. Obviously, the actions would need to be sent to an FFL holder. Defiance is unwilling to ship actions individually and will only ship to a single address/recipient. (Based on the interest expressed here, this order could be over 10 units and destined for various parts of the country.) The actions would then need to be shipped to each participant's local FFL. In essence, the shipping costs would double in this scenario.

Wanted to post this information to see if enough people would still be interested in proceeding. Keep in mind that Defiance does offer 10% off for three to five actions, so there is a benefit for a smaller order.

If there are enough committed members, I will post the accessories/options pricing in a few days.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.