Posted this over in the optics forum but thought I'd ask here, as well..

Just got a great deal on a No.1 in 9.3x62. Debated going peep sight but I'm thinking I might want to actually add a bit of weight. My buddy has the FXII 2.5 on his Mauser and I'm really impressed with it.

My question is will it have enough eye relief to overcome the notorious stock crawl of the No.1s? (I fully realize we don't all have the same proportions).

I detest the look of the offset mounts and won't use them. I have a Leupy 3x on my RSI right now with an offset rear (came with the rifle and I'm putting a Skinner Peep on it as soon as the sight arrives) and with the scope all the way to the rear in Ingwe mode smile I still have to lean forward a bit.

The 3x is listed at 3.9" ER and the 2.5 at 4.9". Just wondering if anyone has actually used that combo and how it worked for them. Thanks.

P.S. I'm not doing a variable so don't bother with a recommendation there... wink

P.P.S. do you prefer the wide duplex or heavy for most hunting situations? Obviously, it's not a target rifle...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...