ironbender;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you and yours well.

The intriguing thing about bear spray rules we found when we've camped stateside is that we can't bring ours with us from home, but we can buy the very same product as soon as we cross the medicine line....

Oh and no we can't take the US purchased bear spray back home either - but again we could buy the same stuff at the first Canadian Tire across the border.

No doubt it's in an effort to keep us all safe, one can of oleoresin at a time. wink

I'm sure it must be for the kids as well.

Anyway sir, in all seriousness it is semi controlled here in that they made me sign for it when I bought the last few cans - but I don't believe anyone looks at the logbook in the store.

As long as one isn't packing it into a night club or bar I can't see anyone getting into trouble with it.

Here's the quote right from the RCMP website on visitors carrying bear spray.

"Q. Is pepper spray allowed in Canada?

The Criminal Code of Canada and its related regulations prohibit "Mace" and similar products designed to injure, immobilize or incapacitate a person. Bear sprays and similarly devices clearly designed for protection from wild animals are allowed."

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there tonight sir. All the best to you folks this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"