I was shooting a ladder with my scoped Ruger SBH Bisley Hunter, ten rounds each using Unique under 240 Lee mold SWC TL. I started at 7.6 grains and had 7.8, 7.9 and 8.0 grains sets.

The group for 7.6 was so so, 7.8 closed it some and 7.9 closed it some more, still nothing to write home about, and 8 grains charge opened the group back up. Hmmm.
I decided to work further with the 7.9 charge but than I had 3 more rounds with 8.1 grains of Unique, I made those to use the rest of my cases.

So I put a new target up, and shot the three and bloody 'ell that sumbich cuts a clover leaf 15mm spread.

What surprised me was the group closing some, than opening again and closing tight.

I am not saying I have the best hand out there, but from sand bags and sitting position I can hold my own.

How would you proceed? I think I will go to 8.3 grains in .5 incerements, weight and sort my bullets and see what happens.

The revolver shoots consistent 3" groups using Hornady 300 grain XTPs @ 75 yards, i.e. I know the accuracy is there.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.