Thanks Ted...

That was what I was thinking... but since they were talked up, thought I'd give them a try.. and asked about others experience...

the ricochets were the biggest concern...

had a 55 FMJ once do a ricochet... turned 90 degrees.. and punched a hole in an irrigation pipe..

went and told the land owner... he appreciated me telling him about it... and then asked how many sage rats I had taken out on my last 3 trips to his property...I told him about 1500...

he told me he'd have his Mexican ranch hand throw a patch on it, and told me that those 1500 sage rats would have cost him a lot more in crop damage, than that patch was going to...

So I was lucky and skated on that, but I haven't used any bullets that weren't explosive ever since...

I've been out on large fields, where others were banging away with a 10/22... its amazing how much a 22 LR can ricochet...

they were shooting down the line from me...in the same direction... but I kept on hearing ricochets wizzing over head or near by....

I pull out and leave when I hear those...I am sure a ricochet from half a mile away of a 22LR is still got enough ooomph to put someone in the ER or worse...