My wife and I are off to RSA this Saturday. 10 days hunting in the Eastern Cape for plains game with Patrick Fletcher of Hotfire Safaris, 10 days touring and 2 days on the beach. Very excited.

The trip concept was started when I was in the middle of fighting through the Canadian medical system dealing with a nasty case of lumbar stenosis (side note went south of the 49th for a very successful surgery) and my wife said when you are better you can book the next trip.

So began several months of looking all over the world for the next trip. During the search I looked at few folks from here on the campfire JJ Hack and Marius Goosen of KMG Hunting Safaris; both in my opinion are very fine and straight forward gentlemen. I thought that I would do a cape buffalo hunt. Went off to the African Hunting Expo in Calgary planning to chat with a man about hunting in Tanzania for buffalo as he was referred by a friend. My wife and I ended up chatting with Patrick Fletcher and his wife for over two hours. The planned solo buffalo hunt became the 22 days hunting and touring with my wife. Thrilled to be able spend that much time with my wife and to hunt at the same time.

The main animals of interest are Eastern cape kudu, nyala and bushbuck. Other opportunities as they present and budget allow.

Marius; a few words for you sir. I feel a wee bit of guilt for not following up with you about the possibility an Eastern Cape hunt but the way the thought process changed from cape buffalo to Eastern Cape at the 2014 Calgary show was very quick. I must also thank you for your wonderful attitude of (heavily paraphrased please forgive me if I have your intentions incorrect) "come hunt and tour in RSA" "I don't care if it is with me or someone else come hunt, tour and bring forex to help the economy". Your wonderful attitude and perspectives provided a certain level of confidence in my wife and I for hunting and touring in RSA.

Marius; we are bringing forex and as we are touring wine country we will be leaving a lot of it behind. laugh

Thanks to all of you who have answered my questions, responded to PMs, chatted on the phone and face to face about the joys of africa and rifles. Pictures and stories will be posted.

God bless y'all and I know "I Suck" laugh

Thanks GRF