Originally Posted by Pappy348
A lot of the accuracy issues were like linked to the use of barrels from an outside supplier. It also caused problems with their bolt guns. Since they began making their own, things are apparently much better.

Ultimately, falling blocks can never be expected to compete with bolt actions in pure accuracy; the mechanics are just against it. They are capable of shooting as well as most folks need for hunting, varminting and other field uses. Good ones can shoot as well or better than most folks have the skill to utilize. People buy them because they handle well and look good and because they enjoy the fine mechanism. That's just as important to a lot of us as price and raw performance; sometimes more so. It's why some of us hunt down old Mausers and Winchesters and such instead of buying Savages and Tikkas.

Agree...
I just bought an older lightly used #1 RSI because I’ve wanted a number one since they came out, they’re nice looking rifles and I find something appealing about the thought of hunting and shooting with a single shot. I realize from the get go it probably won’t shoot with my ARs or most of my bolt guns for pure accuracy however I suspect it will shoot as well as I do at this point in life. Now if I can just get the scope mounted the way I want.