Twenty years after I published it, I still get inquiries about my book Designing and Forming CUSTOM CARTRIDGES for Rifles and Handguns.

Sorry, guys — I don't have any (except my one desk copy, which of course isn't for sale). Haven't had any for sale since the late 1990s. Frankly, I'm continually surprised that anyone would want it!

[Linked Image]

Here's where you can get an authorized reprint, an exact replica of the original, for $59.98 — 3¢ more than the 1995 retail price for the original.

http://www.huntingtons.com/store/product.php?productid=19665&cat=23&page=1

Order item number K-4999.

The catalog blurb has two errors —
• The cartridge drawings (with precisely accurate dimensions) are 1½x scale, not ½x.
• There are 608 pages (front matter i–xii + text pages 1–596), not just 596 pages. 12 + 596 = 608
(The book also has an error or two that I know of, but let's not talk about that, shall we?)

When you leaf through it, you'll notice that I had to omit an unfortunate lot of classic wildcats. Had to. Right from the get-go, I resolved that I wouldn't include any cartridge that I couldn't get documentable dimensions for. No hear-say dimensions for me! Unless I could get published industry maximums, designers' specs, or specimens that I could mike, my book wouldn't include those grand old wildcats, no matter how popular or historical they may be.

Several years ago, I gave Huntington Die Specialties the original films and sole reprint rights as a memorial to my friend the late Fred Huntington, founder of RCBS. Since then, his son “Buzz,” also a very special friend, has also died. So now my book is a very special memorial to both good friends.

(And I don't get a penny, in either royalties or a reprint fee!)