Originally Posted by azcoues
most MZ rifle loaded with 90-100 grains have less kick than a standard 12 ga. shot gun

she grew up grouse and quail hunting and during dove season will go thru a box of 12 guage so I see no problem with her shooting the .54

guess some may have prissy ladys for wifes !??

Well, considering that I was the only person to catch and ask about your wife shooting the .54, the veiled insult had to be directed my way. Mine is very pretty, but not prissy. As a good friend who has probably forgotten more about muzzleloaders than you'll ever learn puts it, "she's hotter than Hell and one of those rare ones that will f'k, fight, or hold the light". She shoots everything in the house and that has come through it, and that ain't a small list.

As to the question: it was legitimate. .54s can rap pretty well on the shoulder end, and knowing what the shooter is used to and has used makes a lot of sense.

I'll let you get back to figuring out a rifle you're unfamiliar with to then hand over to another shooter who is at least equally unfamiliar with the same, all the while beating your chest and knowing it all from the get go.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.