Originally Posted by Brad
OK, yeah I can't believe I'm saying it either.

Like many an M70 fan, I've got my prejudices! I've always thought (and still do) the old-school M70 trigger is the best hard-duty hunting trigger ever conceived, though I'd add the Ruger MKII might be right there with it, though a bit harder to fine-tune.

Anyway, I recently put a call out on the classifieds for a USA made/BACO M70 Extreme Weather in 308. A member graciously sold me his. The trigger was remarkably creep-free, and quite crisp, albeit a bit heavy for my taste at 3.5lbs.

So I ordered an Ernie-The-Gunsmith trigger spring for it and installed it yesterday. A pretty simple matter if you have even the most basic mechanical aptitude (no Dober, don't try this, I'll do it for you - grin).

Pull went from 3.5 to 2.75lbs. An absolutely superb trigger! The more I studied the MOA trigger build the more impressed I became with it. No it's not a Kimber trigger, but it's darn good in its own right (and simpler), and obviously a lot of quality thinking went into its design.

I still wish M70's were made in CT, but life marches on and we all get to change with it... heck, even me.

Good post Brad, I feel the same way..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA