Help me out. I've ordered this rail in 13":

http://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modular-rail-v2-m-lok.html

I've never really been a tinkerer but I was under the impression that this install will be "easy". Well I've watched a you tube or two now to get an idea and I've realized I was a bit naive in my plan.

Its going on a 16.1" carbine gas standard gov't profile BCM upper. I have a DD Omega 7 on it now so FSB, delta ring and the triangle end caps and all. My original plan was to grind down the FSB to fit. My naivete comes in by thinking that I was going to be able to install without removing the gas block and tube or barrel. It's now clear to me that I'm not going to be able to get away with not taking off the FSB, it looks like the barrel can stay on though.

So, here comes where I need guidance and experience. I was going to grind the FSB and use some bbq paint because I like the idea of keeping the toughness of the factory installed gas block and it saved me some money...and it was less room for error on my inexperienced end. Is it possible to do this install using the FSB? Can it be removed and re-installed while remaining rugged and reliable? Or am I really looking at getting a low-pro gas block? Max durability/ruggedness is my top priority.

What is my best plan of action? And unfortunately every dollar counts, I've been waiting to scrape together the money to put an extended rail on it to accommodate my new adopted hand forward grip. Please break it down with crayons and stick figures if you can, I've carried and shot these weapons for a long time but never tinkered with them.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine