Weed, I've owned and hunted with three of them over the last 35 years (the first version of this gun was the Model 1200). It is in the catagory of a Mossberg 500 - not the top of the line, but not the bottom either - a standard grade item that replaced the Model 12 pump (but didn't make anyone happy in doing so). Mine have been very reliable, never had an issue with any of them. My current one is a M1300 "Waterfowl Special" version my Dad bought new around 1985 as a back up gun when hunting on the Eastern Shore. He never used it and gave it to me about five or six years ago when he quit hunting. I bought a 22" barrel for it and made it my dedicated turkey gun using a Pure Gold Turkey Tube. Every M1300 is acceptable for steel shot, Hevi-shot, and of course lead shot. They all came with the Winchoke system (same threads and interchangeable with the Invector choke system). That is a fair price for the gun in near perfect condition. I have a serial number list for these guns, but it ends in 1992 using a L prefix, before the LX prefix I ASSUME. Good shooting (I shot this turkey with mine earlier this week). Odessa

[Linked Image]

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge