Boxer,

I had known about the Compact Model, but yours looks different from the one on Ruger's website (green stock vs. black). It's 18" tube makes more sense (I was thinking the compact was a 16" as well, then looked again).

I had forgotten about the setback (it'd be my first AI) which would put a 16" barrel under 16", which I wouldn't care for either.

I was not sure how the 5.56 chamber would play in; not well, apparently. My AR does well with the 5.56 throat, but what I run through it and 75 A-Maxes are two different animals.

My main concern was feeding AI rounds out of the rotary magazine. Those concerns have pretty well been put to rest. Even with a regular chamber, the more I read, the more it seems like a whole lot of gun for the money.

Now that I've been let to water, I'll just save a little green and take a drink. Might even have to try one of those Super Chickens you're so fond of. Those seem to get pretty rave reviews for the money (from you and everyone else that owns one and posts about it).

Many Thanks!!!