Well, there are some on here that are far more adept at builds than I am. The areas I find to be a pain in the backside on a Hawken are the long tang, the trigger bar, & inletting the buttplate. Fitting the breach snail and getting everything aligned with the lock is a challenge. And then a halfstock has to have the rib fitted to the barrel and that can be tricky. I know reading this may not sound like it's that difficult, but if it's your first build you'll be ready to chuck the whole thing in the trash before you are finished with it. All I can say is it is a lot of work, and if you haven't at least done a kit or two going in, you are pretty much doomed to screwing up a bunch. If it's something you really want to try doing, get some books and study. Go to http://americanlongrifles.org/ and read all you can. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you, builing longrifles is a very rewarding hobby. But it's not something you can just go into unprepared and through together in a couple weeks.