The Puma White Hunter is an iconic knife, designed to be used by professional hunters in the former German colonies in Africa. The blade is heavily influenced by native African bushknives from those areas.
The Puma White hunter (especially good vintage pieces) is a sought after collectors piece by European Puma collectors - though I have only, in all my life, met two hunters who acrually carried and used one.

Here is my personal Puma White Hunter II from 1996, a rare (shorter) variant of the White Hunter, that is no longer in production:

[Linked Image]
1996 Puma White Hunter II by Elbæk, on Flickr

The German made knives are still very high quality - and expensive, my favourite one is my Puma Original Bowie:

[Linked Image]
Making charcloth and playing w. new gear at the allotment October 13. 2012 by Elbæk, on Flickr

Puma IP knives are made in Spain, and are cheaper than the German made Puma knives. My Puma IP Grizzly Stag Bowie is a good example:

[Linked Image]
Mine's bigger than yours - Puma IP Grizzly Stag Bowie by Elbæk, on Flickr

The cheapest Puma knives are the Puma TEC series, manufactured in the Far East. The quality of those waries a lot - but there are a few rather nice small folding knives among the Tec series. I have none myself though.

I also have the German made model Jagdnicker, with the fixed blade and folding saw and gut opener in the handle. I will snap some photos of that asap.

Last edited by RedBeardDane; 05/03/15.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...