Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I've been to that arena a dozen times for cheer competitions over the last two or three years.

I have only one problem with it, I wish Garland ISD would not have gotten the arena wrapped up in all this. They shouldn't have ever let the Muslims have the Stand With the Prophet Day there and then they shouldn't have had this there. I have no problem with the event this weekend itself. And I certainly have no problem with the goat frickers getting shot. But, given their well known propensity for going back to the scenes of prior defeats and trying to avenge them, I'm glad my girl has decided to move away from cheer and concentrate on dance.

There was a lot of security there this weekend, but I can assure you that when they have a cheer event there, the only security is about two regularly uniformed and armed cops who are mostly watching the metal detectors to make sure no CCW carrier makes it through the front door. And there are literally thousands of girls from about four years old to eighteen years old and their moms and families running around the place. It would be an absolute turkey shoot.

So, unless the city of Garland and Garland ISD plans on having extreme security at every event they have there from here on out, then they just put a huge targets on their backs.

We could all convert to Islam and all the bad guys would turn into good guys.

About as much chance of that happening as there is of you responding intelligently to a real concern. I understand the threat. I just would rather not have my schools putting themselves on the frontline if they have a choice about it.