Originally Posted by dryflyelk
I have had a love/hate relationship with Kuiu stuff ever since it came out. I love the product, I love(d) the idea. Initially I was sold on the technology and business model. Made in Canada? Sign me up. Direct sales with no middle man to keep prices down? Awesome, sounds terrific.

I bought a couple thousand dollars worth of their gear in those first few years. At that time it was tough to get some of their more popular items as they were always on backorder.

Then, Jason tells us he's frustrated as well, so he's moving everything to China to keep up with demand. He tells us the stuff is just as good and can make things faster and yada yada yada. Ok. I hate it, but OK. I feel like I've been sold a bill of goods about the whole "made right here in N. America" thing. Alright, I get it. If this helps keep up with demand, and it's just as good, whatever.

How long ago was that? A couple of years now? Since then, I have gone on Kuiu's website no less than a dozen times looking for things I needed. Pants, shirts, jackets, gloves. EVERY TIME it's out of stock. Without fail. Backordered, backordered, backordered. I just keep thinking it will be in stock someday, right? So I keep waiting.

This year I was set on buying an entire set of Verde Camo stuff to go with the Vias camo stuff I have. For 6 months at least I've been trying to buy things with the same story. Backorder. So, so frustrating.

Finally I decide I have to place the order soon, as I have a spring bear hunt coming up, and I hope to have it by then. I order about $1k worth of stuff - 8 items total. Every single one was on backorder. Now I wait. That was 3 weeks ago.

Since then, I have found a youtube video of Jason explaining why all of his stuff is on backorder - it's supposedly because of the shipping strike at the docks in California. He assures us all that the orders will be fulfilled in the next few days (this is a couple of weeks ago) when the ships are unloaded. Wrong.

I called them again today to see what the heck was going on. The lady that answered my call explained that "I had only been on backorder for most of my items for 20 days" and told me most of it *might* be here by Mid-June. It will not be here in time for my bear hunt in 3 weeks.

Jason and Kuiu can blame it on shipping or whatever the hell they want, but the fact remains that I don't think I have ever been able to order a pair of their pants when it was in stock. I thought that's why they moved to China? Right? So they could keep up with demand? How's that working out?

At the same time, the new products keep coming from Kuiu. New packs. New tent. New boots. More new packs. New rain gear. New gloves. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Here's an idea: instead of spending the time, money and resources developing new products, how about making sure we can buy the ones you currently offer? Is that too much to ask?

And what about that whole direct sales thing to keep the prices down? Kuiu stuff has to be the most expensive on the market. Where did the cost savings from moving the operation to China go?

It sucks because they make a lot of the best products on the market. My dollar talks and I know I could and probably should cancel my order, but I probably won't. Kuiu is the soup nazi of hunting gear. Shame on me, I guess. I'll just stand here in the line sulking and waiting for my opportunity to own more Kuiu stuff.

End rant.

Cancel the order, get your money back, explain to them why, and buy from someone else.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.