Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Good to hear. If I ever tire of using Javelina (yes, I'm one of those old silverbacks) I'll try it (but first I gotta use up the 30-40 sticks I have). I just wish one could still get it.

I experimented with a lot of lubes over the years, and dabbled in making my own. I always came back to Javelina. Is it the very best? No. Will a bunch of other lubes/coatings work "better"? Undoubtedly. Do I like it nonetheless? Yes. It is a consistent performer in all my applications, I learned long ago to put up with its foibles, I don't mind a little mess at the end of the day, and the smell of the stuff (both in the raw state and while shooting) is a powerful stimulant for triggering memories of handloading in my Dad's basement, which along with the smell of Hoppe's #9 is a portal to my youth.

In my case it isn't necessarily tiring of using the same stuff. Many of the lubes I once used are long gone, including Javelina. I am sending my last stick of Rosebud off to one who can use it and who will probably remember the smell from now on. Not that they didn't work or that there was something better, I just tried different lubes to see what worked best for me.

Well, after reading your post I might go ahead and use the last two sticks of Javelina I have for old times sake, or maybe keep some bullets lubed with the stuff to load and shoot once in a while. I'm with you on all accounts, especially the smells triggering the memories. Nothing like the smell of ALOX or Hoppe's #9 in the morning. I doubt you'll tire of using Javelina. It's good stuff and I'd probably be using it if it were still around.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~