Originally Posted by moose444
Best 416 cartridge I think. I shoot lots of cast 400s at 2150, 350 speers at 2500 and 400 Hornadys at 2350. Built this rifle for an elk in grizzly country. I've shot three right pound rifle powder containers through this with cast bullets. It weighs nine pounds loaded no scope. Aperture rear and sourdough front. I suppose the 416 ruger supplants the Taylor now but not for me.

Sounds like you got it going your way Moose, I was very happy to reach 2400 fps with the long 400 gr Partition while being limited to a coal of only 3.320".....not that anyone but an idiot like me would consider shooting 300 yards with a 416 grin, but, it's nice to know should it ever present itself, the shot could be made, with excellent bullet performance to boot!

I have read Mule Deer here at the 'fire say the partition portion of the .366" 286 gr bullet has been moved forward, IIRC he may have said the same thing about the .416" 400 gr bullet, if that's the case these things should penetrate like hell on all medium and heavy game up to Ele.

Trump Won!